Monday, August 31, 2015

Blog # 1

  I think that computers are a very important part of the educational experience children can have in the classroom. Many teachers use computers for PowerPoint presentations, which are useful for children who are visual learners. Some teachers also use Microsoft Word for creating quizzes and exams, which is beneficial for the whole class. Using computers in the classroom can also prepare students for the "real world." Computers also reinforce what has been learned in the classroom. There are many websites available for student to use if they want to learn more about a subject or if they don't really understand a certain topic. A critical concern about using technology in the classroom is time. There is so much that teachers have to accomplish in one day and it is difficult of them to find time to implement technology in their curriculum.
   In my classroom I hope to use computers to reinforce certain material. I want student to use the different websites available to practice what is being learned in the classroom. I would also like the idea of blogs. I think it's a great idea which can help student become better and more comfortable at writing. In this class I hope to learn the necessary skills that I need and other ways to incorporate technology in my classroom. 
  A digital native is someone who has grown up knowing technology and can't really remember a time when it wasn't available. A digital immigrant is someone who started learning about technology as a teenager or adult and watched the technology develop. For digital immigrants it is a little bit harder to  understand what some technological devices do. Some of the teachers I have had are not very good with technology. They would always have to ask for help from one of the students or faculty member for things as simple as opening up a PowerPoint presentation. Other teachers knew more about technology than the students did. For the teachers that didn't understand technology, it would take them forever to set up a presentation and it would take away class time. I don't think there will be any big differences between me and my students in the future because I love all technology and I hope to keep up with all the new technology that will come out in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Kiarha! I hope that you will incorporate blogs in your future classroom. It is a great way to get your students excited about writing. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete