Monday, October 19, 2015

Blog Post# 6

    I looked at the website of Riley Elementary School here in Tallahassee. In this school there are students from kindergarten to 5th grade. While looking through the website I noticed that it had a good color scheme. It only has a few colors so that it does not overwhelm the viewer with too many colors. The links all work properly and the website seems very simple to use. It shows you important information about what is coming up in the next few days and even has announcements. It has tabs for parents and students to look through, which is very important because parents should be involved in the student's education.





     In Chapter 7 it talks about using word processing software. I think that word processing softwares are extremely important. They allows to do so many things like create documents, organize data, and correct spelling mistakes. This is a great technology for me to use since I want to be teacher. It can help me create lesson plans and many other things. Also, students will have to learn how to use a word processing software to of homework or assignments. Chapter 7 also talks about classroom management software which I found very interesting. It assists educators in accomplishing the many task associated with the day to day management of their classroom. 
      
    I really enjoyed working on the web evaluations project. I had never used a wiki before and I think it is a great way to do group projects. In my other classes we have done group projects but it is very hard for us to meet up because of our different schedules but with the wiki we are able to put down all our information and work on it together online. I think this is a great resource to use in the classroom because it will allow students to work better in groups.



      

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the Wiki project! I've used Wiki's and GoogleDocs for group projects many times- they alleviate the issue of having to coordinate meeting schedules!

    ReplyDelete