Monday, November 16, 2015

Blog Post #10

  •    This weeks assignment was a little bit difficult because we had to create a quiz using powerpoint. This is something that I had never done before so I didn't know what to expect. Once I started it got easier and it became really fun. I liked that we could make a quiz about whatever we wanted. I made a quiz on Greys Anatomy. It's one of my favorite shows and I thought it would be cool to make up a quick quiz on it. I think I can use this while teaching a lecture. The whole class can do the quizzes together so that it can be more fun.



          I would use data collection tools a lot. In class we learned about using surveys to get feedback from students. I think this is a great idea and I would love to use it in my classroom. Since I will be teaching elementary school students, I don't think that they would be able to complete the surveys, unless I teach the older students. I think that instead of using surveys for students I could use it for the parents and see what they think about the homework that I will be giving. I could also find out a little more about what students are doing at home, like how many hours they spend reading, or doing homework.

        I am enjoying blogs more and more since I started using them. I think it is a great way to share ideas, and communicate with people outside of your community. While looking through my classmates blogs, I like how they each have a different opinion even though we are all writing about the same topic.

        I am interested in continuing to learn about excel because it has always been a mystery to me. I have tried to use it a few times but I'm not very good at it. I found today's lecture to be very interesting because I didn't know that you could do so many things with excel. I didn't even really know what it was used for.

        I think I will just play around with excel a little bit more. This way I can get used to it, and learn everything that I can do with it. Knowing how to use excel is a great skill to have for future jobs, so I think that it is very important for me to try an learn everything that I can about it.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Excel is definitely the most common skill that people want to improve. As they say, "Practice makes perfect!"

    ReplyDelete