Monday, November 2, 2015

Blog Post #8

      In chapter 12 it talks about Cloud Computing. I believe that this hold the biggest promise for education because it allows people to store and share data. This is great because if students are working together on something they can use cloud computing to make it easier for them to share the information and edit it. According to chapter 12, cloud computing enables students to share research, and collaborate on experiments. I really enjoy working in group projects because I can hear other peoples opinions on our assignments, so I think that cloud computing would be something I use in my classrooms in the future. 

     I think that smart boards would make a huge impact on education. Smart boards are being used today in some classrooms. A smart board in an interactive whiteboard. It helps make students engaged in what they are learning in class. There are many things you can do with a smart board like play games with the students that will help reinforce what they have been learning in the classroom. 



The podcast talk about the digital divide. Digital divide just means that there are some people who have technology, like computers, available to them, and others who don't. I have computers and technology available to me. I have my own personal laptop, and I am able to go to the library for other technological resources I might need. I think that there are still a lot of people out there that do not have access to a computer or other technologies, so it is hard for them to understand how to use them and get the information that they might need. In the schools there should be computer labs, so I would take my students there and show them how to use it.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Kiahra! Cloud computing is (and will continue to be) very important in education. I'm glad you mentioned its usefulness for group projects and collaboration. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete